As a member of the Coast Federation of Classified Employees (CFCE), AFT Local 4794, individuals realize the following benefits:
- Can run for any office in the local
- Can vote in local elections for the Executive Council
- May be selected to participate on the Contract Negotiations Team
- May serve on one of the many committees within CFCE
- Can vote in AFT national and CFT state delegate elections
- May become a delegate to the CFT, AFT or Orange County Central Labor Council
- Professional liability insurance (through AFT)
- Accidental death term life insurance (through AFT)
CFT Benefit Programs
Since CFCE has chosen to affiliate with the California Federation of Teachers (CFT), our members receive several benefits through various programs that they offer. For example, members receive
- Several quality publications pertinent to individuals working in higher education, at no charge, including
- Subscription to the California Teacher magazine
- Subscription to the Community College Perspective magazine
- The Classifieds
- CFCE has access to a field representative who is an expert in labor matter and contract negotiations.
- CFCE also has access to attorneys who can provide assistance in legal matters affecting the operation of the local
- Finally, CFCE has acces to a legislative analyist, who works full-time on classified issues in Sacramento. Her name is Dolores Sanchez.
AFT Benefit Programs
Members of CFCE also have acces to financial services, which are offered through AFT including:
- CFT Auto and Homeowners Insurance Program
- CFT-endorsed Mosher Financial Services
- Low-cost group insurance plans
- Homeowner, condominium, and renter’s insurance
- Auto, motorcycle, and boat insurance
- Retirement planning services
- Tax-sheltered annuities
- Subscription to OnCampus Magazine
Many of the services listed above ar part of the AFT Plus program. If you are interested in any of the programs, you may contact Joe Hooper, Member Benefits Information Representative, at (818) 843-8226. Additional AFT Plus programs are listed at www.aft.org/aftplus.
The labor movement is a vibrant organization with a wide variety of activities and programs that members can partake of.